There are multiple wildfires burning currently in Utah. The last few days we have had smoke covering the Heber Valley from these fires. Click on the link to get the updates on the fires and the status of their containment. There is also information on safety and prevention. Hunting season is upon us and many are planning trips to the mountains. Please be safe and remember that we are in a very high fire danger season. Below are some tips for campfire safety.
Building Safe Campfires
– Clear campfire site down to bare soil.
– Circle pit with rocks.
– Build campfires away from overhanging branches, steep slopes, dry grass, and leaves.
– Keep a bucket of water and a shovel nearby.
– Never leave a campfire unattended.
– When putting out a campfire, drown the fire, stir it, and drown it again.
– Always have adult supervision.
– Be careful with gas lanterns, barbeque grills, gas stoves, and anything that can be a source of ignition for a wildfire.